At A Glance
- Victron 15A mains battery charger designed for safe and efficient unattended charging of a 12V battery or battery bank from a mains power source (220-240V AC).
- Boasts an outstanding 93% efficiency, along with an adaptive automatic 7-stage charging process to deliver faster and more efficient charging, whilst maximising the lifespan of the battery.
- Features inbuilt safety functions (protection against DC short circuit, overheating, overcharging and reverse polarity of the battery), which allow the charger to be left permanently connected to the battery for unattended automatic charging.
- Various intelligent modes such as Silent Mode (for completely noise-free operation), Storage Mode (promotes battery health when battery is not in use), and Power Supply Mode (can act as a 12V power supply even without battery connection)
- Inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity enables access to the VictronConnect app via a Bluetooth device (smartphone, tablet etc) to program settings and monitor charging parameters for the system. Scroll down to Product description for more information.
After many months of trying to rely on just 220 watts of solar panels, I realised I needed to up my game. The winter sun just wasn't cutting, my batteries were getting damaged by not being charged properly and the risk of battery death was high.
I went to a local car parts place and duly picked up what I thought was a reasonable charger at £35. Not bargain bucket but certainly not the best. It took 18 hours to charge my bank of 2 x 100ah wet batteries and this astounded me. I immediately set about some proper research and duly came across the Victron range. I checked my bank and decided I could afford a charger from the IP22 range, albeit the smallest one.
The Blue Smart IP22 15 amp single output was just perfect. The batteries could still be used whilst being charged, it had multiple modes including a repair mode and could even be used as a stand alone power supply. It had various settings for different types of batteries, even LIfePo4 so when the time came to upgrade my batteries, I was covered.
Installation was simple, and the bluetooth capability worked seamlessly with the downloadable app making any adjustments to the settings super easy. It also linked up to my Victron MPPT solar charge controller and works in unison with it so they're not battling against each other when the sun does eventually shine!
Power output gradually decreases as it cycles through the various charge modes, starting with bulk charge, moving on to absorption, then float and finally it puts the battery into storage mode and no matter what you're drawing, this clever charger will keep the batteries in a safe and usable state.
You can buy it from Amazon for next day delivery by clicking the link below.